Valleylab Force 2 Generator
High performance capabilities in a multipurpose generator
Blended Cut Modes provide flexibility through varying degrees of hemostasis. Choose one of three preset modes.
Simultaneous Independent Coagulation permits two surgeons to fulgurate from a single generator, for added convenience and efficacy. Accessories are activated only when keyed, reducing the potential for injury caused by inadvertent activation.
Low Voltage Coagulation ensures controlled, precise desiccation with less destruction of peripheral tissue, making the Force 2 generator ideal for laparoscopic procedures.
REM Safety is guaranteed with VALLEYLAB's patented autoranging REM system, which continually monitors patient impedance levels. If a fault in the patient/return electrode contact is detected, the REM system automatically deactivates the generator - virtually eliminating the risk burns under the return electrode.
- WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS
- * Height: 8 in. (20 cm)
- * Width: 13 in. (33 cm)
- * Length: 21 in. (53 cm)
- * Weight: 23 lbs. (10.4 kg)
- OUTPUT WAVEFORMS
- * Cut: 510 kHz sinusoid
- * Blend 1: 510 kHz sinusoidal bursts at 50% duty cycle recurring at 31 kHz
- * Blend 2: 510 kHz sinusoidal bursts at 37.5% duty cycle recurring at 31 kHz
- * Blend 3: 510 kHz sinusoidal bursts at 25% duty cycle recurring at 31 kHz
- * Coag: 510 kHz damped sinusoidal bursts with a repetition frequency of 31 kHz Low Voltage 510 kHz sinusoidal bursts at 25%
- * Coag: duty cycle recurring at 31 kHz
- * Bipolar: 510 kHz sinusoid Output power changes by less than 5% or 5 watts, whichever is greater, as the line voltage varies from 85-135 volts (into a 300 ohm load).
- LOW FREQUENCY LEAKAGE (50-60 Hz)
- Source current, patient leads, all outputs tied together.
- * Normal polarity, intact chassis ground < 10 µA
- * Normal polarity, ground open <100 µA
- * Reverse polarity, ground open <100 µA
- * Sink current, 140V applied, all inputs <150 µA
- HIGH FREQUENCY LEAKAGE
- Less than 150 mA rms
- INPUT POWER REQUIREMENTS
- Operating range is 85 to 135 AC volts. Current is less than 8 amperes in cut and less than 4 amperes in coag.
- POWER READOUTS
- Agree with actual power into rated load to within ± 15% or 5 watts, whichever is greater.
- AUTORANGING REM™ SYSTEM
- * Measurement Frequency: 140 kHz ± 20 kHz
- * Measurement Current: 3 mA maximum
- * Acceptable Resistance Ranges:
- --REMª pad Ñ 5-135 ohms
- --Non-REMª pad Ñ less than 20 ohms
- * Acceptance range is 5-135 ohms after REMª PolyHesiveª II return electrode is applied. REMª trip is initial impedance plus 40%. For example, if the initial impedance is 30 ohms, the upper level trip is approximately 42 ohms.
- Convection, no fan
- AUDIO VOLUME
- The mode indicator tones are adjustable to a minimum level of 45 dB at 1 meter.
- The alarm tones are not adjustable and are set at 65 dB minimum at 1 meter.
- Also available in a 220-240 volt, 50-60 Hz configuration.
- Designed to meet UL and CSA specifications.