The MS16A syringe driver is a popular, cost effective and reliable device for low volume subcutaneous or IV infusions. This syringe driver is used throughout the world for the infusion of DESFERAL®. It is the most cost-effective device for this procedure using inexpensive syringes and subcutaneous infusion sets. The benefits to your organization are as follows:
- Low initial investment -- very cost effective for purchase or rental. One-third the cost of competitive ambulatory pumps.
- Inexpensive disposables -- uses standard syringes and subcutaneous or IV infusion sets.
- Easy to use -- load syringe, set rate and push start.
- Ambulatory -- the small sizer of the device makes it easy to carry and conceal under clothes.
- Reliable and simple -- over 100,000 in use.
- Optional Lockbox -- for security + protection.
Features and Benefits
Easy to use:
- only three controls: start button & two dials for rate setting
- no "off" switch: eliminates accidental system shutdown
- unit automatically turns off at end of plunger run
Economical to operate:
- low initial investment
- very low running costs — simple replacement of 9 volt batteries
- uses standard, disposable syringes
- virtually maintenance free
- only weighs 6 ounces with battery and shoulder (or belt) holster
- accepts a wide range of syringe sizes: 2 — 35 mls
- optional driver base provides secure, bedside mounting
- can be comfortably worn with shoulder or belt holster
- optional lockbox for security + protection
Suitable for many infusion routes
- has as a drive accuracy of +/- 5%
- syringe is held securely by built-in barrel holder
- optional clamp prevents accidental plunger movements
- recessed rate dials prevent accidental altering of settings
- sealed case restricts ingress of liquids
- - Infusion period range: 30 minutes – 60 hours
- - Speed range: Variable setting – 0-99mm/hr
- - Dimensions: 165mm x 23mm x 53mm (6.5 x 0.9 x 2.1 inches)
- - Weight: Approx. 6.5oz including battery
- - Battery type: 9v alkaline
- - Battery life: 50 full syringes
- - Controls: Start/test button; two rate setting dials
- - Alarms: End of travel – audible; pump stops
- - Occlusion – audible; pump stops
- - Low battery – visible; light stops flashing