GE's Compact Series of ultrasound systems includes:
Vivid i enhances the efficiency and reach of physicians by offering the functionality and high performance of full-featured, larger-scale cardiovascular systems but in a portable and wireless design that weighs 30 times less. In 2006, the Vivid i added a host of new features and enhancements including, stress echo, tissue velocity imaging, IMT measurements and Tissue Tracking.
Each i product is designed to bring specialized, console-quality imaging performance and portability to traditional applications. GE's Compact Series e products focus on expanding ultrasound's reach to new clinical areas.
Vivid e provides a dedicated cardiac ultrasound imaging solution for the physician office in a practical, easy to use design.
Remarkable. Portable. Affordable.
By delivering high quality in an affordable solution, Vivid e makes choosing a portable system as easy as using it. With complete cardiac functionality built on TruScan architecture, you can use Vivid e as either a primary or secondary diagnostic system. And through its full shared-service capabilities, both vascular and abdominal imaging are available too.
Vivid i: Continuous Innovation
Vivid i BT'06 builds on the many industry leading features and technologies of Vivid i with more performance, new quantitative analysis tools and a wider range of applications.
SmartStress* , a stress echo protocol, provides image acquisition, review, wall-segment scoring and reporting.
*Requires the i2 Performance Package
i2 Performance Package Option
Vivid i offers enhanced image quality, faster image optimization, and increased productivity for novice and skilled users alike. The i2 package includes:
* Speckle Reduce Imaging (SRI) uses an adaptive, real-time software algorithm to improve image quality.
* Coded Phase Inversion (CPI) enhances contrast imaging with excellent sensitivity, resolution and tissue suppression.
* Compound imaging processes cross-beam images to enhance border definition, reduce acoustic artifact and improve contrast resolution.
* Automatic Spectrum Optimization (ASO) provides optimization of PW or CW spectrum scale and baseline display for increased productivity and ease of use.
* Harmonics on all high-frequency probes further enhance image quality.
* Tissue Velocity Imaging* (TVI) displays dynamic information from moving heart tissue to help you more easily quantify LV function
* Tissue Tracking* (TT) helps you detect coronary heart disease through better visualization and quantification of regional wall motion
* EchoPAC Analysis lets you analyze raw data acquired from the Vivid i on the EchoPAC
* Workstation and conduct a full range of quantitative analyzes, including TVI, TT, TSI and Strain
* Complete measurement and analysis worksheets and reports are tailored to each exam
* Live anatomical M-mode corrects for off-axis orientation when the heart is not positioned or shaped normally
* Over 40 gigabytes of disk space provide ample archive storage of patient images, loops and information
*Requires the i2 Performance Package
Vivid i gives clinicians high-performance, full diagnostic and monitoring capabilities for all perioperative needs: TEE monitoring, regional anesthesia, carotid evaluation, and saphenous vein harvesting.
* High-frame-rate image quality, harmonics on all probes and advanced quantitative imaging tools
* Compact 12" x 15" x 3" size allows placement on the surgical column
* Raw data storage permits comprehensive post-exam analysis and optimization
* Direct feed of the ECG signal from other monitoring devices
* Video feed to slave monitor
* Battery operation of up to one hour of scanning and fast system boot-up
* Wide-angle visibility, adjustable brightness display and a back lit keyboard
New transducers expand Vivid i's capabilities to more vascular, abdominal and OB/GYN exams.
* 4C multi-frequency convex transducer for abdominal and OB/GYN exams
* 8C micro-convex array transducer for neonatal, pediatric and abdominal exams
* 12L high-frequency linear array transducer for peripheral vascular, small parts and musculoskeletal exams in addition to nerve block applications.
* Breakthrough IMT analysis package enables clinicians to quickly measure the carotid artery's intima-media thickness - a possible early indicator of atherosclerosis.
Image Quality Performance
The Vivid i delivers the superb raw data image quality you require for cardiac and vascular scanning, allowing you to see the diagnostic information you need to effectively assess LV function and cardiac performance.
* Phased-array transducer technology for 2D, color and Doppler imaging.
* Multiple focal zones help optimize image quality.
* Extremely high frame rates, enhanced color flow and color angio
* 5 levels of Coded Octave Harmonics
* LVO contrast option
* Triplex and duplex display capabilities
* Automatic Tissue Optimization (ATO)
The easy-to-use Vivid i significantly increases clinical productivity with time-saving features and a wide range of innovative connectivity options.
* Integrated EchoPAC, for image data review, analysis, patient archive and reporting capabilities.
* LAN or wireless networking to facilitate efficient data management.
* Full DICOM connectivity with embedded raw data speeds exams by allowing you to perform post-exam quantitative analyzes at your convenience.
* MPEGvue option compresses images into compact file sizes. These high quality images can be transferred to any compatible media, network or e-mailed directly.
* eVue option permits remote interactive monitoring of images on any PC, via wired or wireless network communication, for fast and convenient consultations.
* Virtual Printer option can save printed images acquired during the examination on the system in a special queue to be printed at the user's convenience.