Cardiac Science Burdick Vision Holter
For practices performing routine Holter monitoring, the Burdick Vision Holter System from Cardiac Science provides a practical, no-nonsense cardiac diagnostic tool ideal for today's tightly managed health care environment. This highly accurate and easy-to-use system is available in a variety of configurations at a price even small practices can afford.
A variety of software configurations to find the one that best meets your needs.
The QuickStep Wizard testing guide to walk you through the process of analyzing Holter system data.
Optional diagnostic and communication tools to expand Vision functionality.
Collect and analyze up to 48 hours of 3-channel portable ECG recordings.
Optional remote mode to download and review cardiac data anytime, anywhere.
Ease of use. QuickStep wizard provides a practical guide at every step of the analysis.
Accuracy. MIT and AHA studies prove Vision software is 99.95% accurate.
Connectivity. Opt for industry-standard HL7 to enable communication between Vision Premier and various information systems including the suite of HeartCentrix data management solutions from Cardiac Science.
Customizable. You can expand Vision as needed, add optional heart rate variability, pacemaker analysis, research mode, or remote mode software.
Confidence. With over fifty years developing cardiac diagnostic tools, Cardiac Science has the experience required for dependable results.
- Intel 1.0 GHz Pentium III processor or greater
- 128 MB RAM or greater
- 12 GB hard drive or greater
- Free Hard Drive Space Required for Program Installation:
- 12 MB for the Vision Series application
- 250 MB for instructional AVIs (optional)
- 8 MB for electronic manuals (optional)
- 4 x 4 x 24 CDRW drive or greater
- Direct CD version 2.5a is required for allowing the user to back up and restore the Vision Series Software Patient Reports to a CDR or CDRW media for Windows 98 Second Edition Operating Systems
- ROXIO Direct CD version 5.0C is required for allowing the user to back up and restore the Vision Series Software Patient Reports to a CDR or CDRW media for Windows 2000
- Professional XP Professional Operating Systems
- 3.5" 1.44Mbyte floppy disk drive
- 17" SVGA monitor and display adapter supporting 1024 x 768 resolution and large fonts
- 101-key enhanced keyboard
- Parallel Printer port that supports ECP
- Hewlett Packard HP PCL-3 compatible printer using the parallel port of the local computer with a minimum of 2 MB for print resolution of 300 dpi or 8 MB memory for print resolution of 600 dpi
- Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP Pro operating systems
- Fax/modem at 56K baud (optional)
For Burdick Digital Recorders: PCMCIA interface (ISA, PCI or USB)
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE REQUIRED
ROXIO (Adaptec) Direct CD:
Direct CD version 2.5a or greater is required for allowing the user to back up and restore the Vision Series Software Patient Reports to a CDR or CDRW media for 98 Second Edition Operating Systems
ROXIO Direct CD version 5.0C or greater is required for allowing the user to back up and restore the Vision Series Software Patient Reports to a CDR or CDRW media for Windows 2000 Professional AND XP Professional Operating Systems
Print Now version 1.0:
Allows the user to print the screen display on the monitor Windows 98 Second Edition Operating Systems
Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0:
Allows printing of the screen display on the monitor Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 2000 & Windows XP Operating System
Allows viewing of manuals online
- Used for communication to a remote Vision Series system or for remote product support.
- Version 8.0 is used with Windows 98 Second edition operating systems
- Version 9.0 is used with Windows 2000 operating system
- Version 10.0 is used with Windows XP operating system
- PC Anywhere not required with remote system license
- System performance on customer supplied computers is the responsibility of the customer System security, access and privacy of patient data is the responsibility of the custom
- If the computer is to be connected to a customer network, the customer must assign the IP network address
- Anti-Virus scanning software should be installed and is the responsibility of the customer
- Customer is responsible to provide hardware that meets the required country of origin regulatory standards